Friday, January 11, 2013

With Confidence

So, I'm excited for the year 2013.  I'm praying that God would use our church to make an impact on our community and world for Christ.  Even though we have a small group we have loads of potential.  This truth should be said for every believer.  We have the power of God unto salvation (ref. Romans 1:16), and we have been transformed by the renewing of our mind (ref. Rom 12:2).  We also are more than conquerors (ref. Rom 8:37).  These portions from Romans are excellent encouragements for all believers to be confident in their walk.

That said, we look ahead to 2013.  For me, Pastor Craig, 2012 was the hardest of my life.   It was a stormy harrowing year as we dealt with Caleb's health.  The year ahead has so much mystery for us.  There could be hard times ahead-but God in his wonderful sovereign mercy is in control.  I know God is there and he will take care of us.

As for our church, I don't know what is in store.  Sunday we had a good crowd with our winter visitors encouraging us with their presence.  Some days I wish I could drop everything but the ministry and really focus on reaching out to Bullhead City.  For some reason, this is not what the Lord has for me.

So, I pray that all of us will take the confidence that God has given us in him through His Holy Spirit and begin to have the victories.  Victory in sharing the gospel, victory in loving our family, victory in walk the walk.

No comments: