Saturday, August 13, 2011

Back to School and Back to God

This is my motto for August at Mohave High and Trinity Baptist Church.  I wish all of you could have been in my classroom at 7:45 am on Friday.  There was a young man attending, a senior at MHS, name Eric Torres.  I knew Eric form his Sophomore year and was always impressed with his respectful and quiet way.  On Friday Eric wasn't quiet.  I asked him to pray at the end of our meeting.  Eric walked to the middle of the classroom and blessed our small group of Christian kids.  He prayed out loud to His God with boldness, sincerity and fire.  The kids left the meeting with a spring in their step.  They were all deeply affected by Eric's power in prayer.  Wow! and so was I..  Eric simply prayed to the Lord.  His prayer was about blessing our school and asking God to bless the Christians at Mohave.

We are back to school and my prayer for our kids and our adults is that we are back to God.  May we continue to be "back to God" throughout this entire year.

No comments: